Deputy Director, Process and System Implementation
The Deputy Director, Process and System Implementation, reporting to the Head of GPV System Management and Analytics, supplies expertise in process design and project management methods and executes strategic project and system implementation planning for a community of >1000 users of Bayer””s global safety systems.
This position is responsible for planning, conducting and controlling GPV projects and initiatives including management of budget, creation of business cases and risk/benefit rationales in close collaboration with other GPV and CAO functions. This position manages multiple complex processes and system implementations simultaneously.
The primary responsibilities of this role, as Deputy Director, Process and System Implementation,
• Analyze and design business processes, determine solution constraints and other relevant facts, and compile requirement specifications
• Define project scope, objectives, timelines, milestones and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders and senior management
• Identify assumptions and constraints (technical, schedule, resource, and budget) for the project
• Develop and execute detailed project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, and produce periodic project status reports
• Ascertain and manage project dependencies and critical path
• Finalize the implementation of the processes and systems and hand-over into operational maintenance.
• Identify resources needed as required and per approval, negotiate with managers for the assignment of required personnel from within the company
• Assess need for additional staff, including evaluation of external contractors prepare selection process and negotiate contract operational details
• Delegate clear individual responsibilities within the project mentor, motivate and manage activities of staff throughout project
• Provide input to employee performance appraisals.
• Responsible for project timelines, budget and success optimize deployment of time and resource to meet budgetary constraints
• Identify project risks and provide mitigation strategies
• Manage adherence to project budget draft and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
• Optimize time and resources to meet budgetary constraints
• Responsible for the quality of the final products according to Bayer quality standards
• Supervise the implementation of the delivered solutions and take responsibility for the life -cycle management.
• Organize stakeholder interface including development of schedule assuring regular updates on project process, involvement in decision points, escalation of issues
• Effectively communicates project expectations and conduct regular status meetings with team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
• Organize and preside over team and client meetings effectively
• Provide updates on project status to management and project sponsors in a timely manner, with attention to deliverables, resource utilization, project costs and risk management
• Resolve and/or escalate issues as needed.
• Manage complex interfaces to partner and client functions, which may include client country entities, team members, peers, project sponsor, upper management, support functions including O&I and BBS, global case processing, GPV Regions, GPV Issue Management, GPV Risk
Management, Controlling, GPV Business Support, Human Resources and Legal
• Create business case documentation and prepare presentations to stakeholders and GPV Leadership Team for decision
• Develop project templates and documentation repository and establish consistent use amongst team members
• Ensure project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations where required.
The Deputy Director, Process and System Implementation assures that GPV projects and improvement initiatives are planned and executed in accordance with best practices and company policies, with the goal to consistently deliver successful process and system implementation in time and within budget
• The Deputy Director, Process and System Implementation is facing the challenge to implement processes and systems within a cross-functional, multilevel and multicultural organization
• The Deputy Director, Process and System Implementation must also provide guidance and leadership to the peers within GPV QTC by serving as an expert consultant in process and system implementation as well as project management methods and also harmonizing the tools used to conduct and report on projects
• A high level of flexibility and interpersonal skills are required as are quality traits of diplomacy, professionalism, tact, and arbitration.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
•MD degree with 2 years of pharmacovigilance experience and 2 years of Clinical experience
•or PhD, PharmD, DPM, or DVM degree with 5 years pharmacovigilance and 2 years of clinical experience
•or MS Life Science degree with 8 years of pharmacovigilance experience and 2 years of clinical experience or relevant BHC experience.
•Master certificate for project management
•Proven ability to develop cooperative and productive working relationships with a wide variety of partners from different cultures and organizational levels, including upper management, clients and other departments
•Strong negotiation capabilities and ability to lead cross-functional global teams, with quality traits of diplomacy, professionalism, tact, and arbitration
•Working knowledge of the interdependencies within BHC among departments worldwide and how to optimize functional and cross-functional cooperation and outcomes
•Highly organized with excellent analytical skills
•Ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
•High level of creativity with the ability to think outside the box
•High level of technical knowledge related to relational databases, IT solutions for database interactions, and IT security
•Proficiency and experience in MS Office Suite applications
•Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Fluent in oral and written English.