The Director of Lead Generation and Telesales will develop and manage the organization’s lead generation and telesales groups by working with the team and partnering with sales and marketing leaders to drive new customer acquisition efforts, engagement in high value opportunities, and sales in key growth initiatives.
• Manage the organization’s lead generation and telesales business, developing and executing strategies and tactics related to taking market share, developing new business and growing sales in key geographic markets, industry verticals or product categories.
• Partner with regional and platform leaders to develop a focused strategy and organization within each group that leads to new customer opportunities.
• Partner with marketing personnel to develop strategies to support demand generation campaigns driving leads to the business development group for follow up and opportunities for the telesales team review and provide ROI analysis on executed campaigns.
• Develop annual sales goals, strategies, financial plans and budgets, and communicate results concisely to business leadership.
• Select, manage, evaluate and develop staff. Challenge employees build effective teams develop organizational capacity and provide staff with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities.
• Continually review and analyze trends, technologies and opportunities impacting relevant sales.
• 5 years experience in a similar lead generation, telesales, or inside sales manager role in a B2B environment
• 1 year experience as an early telesales team member and experience in a build-out
• 1 year experience with Distribution business models
• 1 year experience with Electrical/Data Comm Distribution business models
• Experience with CRM and Call Center systems (Salesforce, Five9, Genesys)
EDUCATION: Bachelors’ Degree in business, sales or related required Masters’ Degree in business or related preferred
• Ability to lead and achieve success in a highly matrixed work environment
• Excellent data analysis skills
• Understanding of technologies and best practices related to telesales Solid understanding of project management methodologies
• Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple projects• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Advanced computer skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint