WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 holding company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) product, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistic services. 2014 annual sales were approximately $7.9 billion. The Company employs approximately 9,400 people, maintains relationships with over 25,000 suppliers, and serves over 75,000 active customers worldwide. Customers include commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers and utilities. WESCO operates nine fully automated distribution centers and approximately 485 full-service branches in North America and international markets, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
The Manager, Tax is responsible for WESCO’s income tax compliance and audits. The Manager, Tax will also assist the Vice President, Tax with tax research and planning, and development and implementation of tax planning strategies.
· Manage preparation of all U.S. income and franchise tax compliance (excluding payroll taxes) ensuring timely and accurate filing of all tax returns.
· Coordinate with the Canadian tax team on matters of common relevance.
· Coordinate with outside tax preparers to ensure timely and accurate filing of foreign tax returns (excl. Canada).
· Develop and maintain efficient and effective tax compliance processes to optimize resource utilization and ensure the accuracy of the returns.
· Complete research to support positions taken in the tax returns and prepare required supporting documentation,including memorandums.
· Maintain and update transfer pricing documentation in compliance with applicable requirements.
· Monitor impact of changes in tax law on the company’s compliance obligations.
· Manage tax audits, including responding to requests for information in a timely and accurate manner, preparing responses to proposed adjustments, resolving tax disputes, and bringing audits to efficient and favorable conclusions.
· Ensure timely and accurate responses to tax notices and correspondence.
· Develop and maintain tax compliance policies and procedures.
· Develop and maintain internal controls under Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 for the tax compliance processes ensuring no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses. Coordinate with the Internal Audit Department to complete audits of internal controls efficiently and effectively.
· Assist in acquisition due diligence, structuring/planning,and post-acquisition integration activities.
· Coordinate with the Manager, Tax Accounting to ensure efficient integration of the tax accounting and compliance processes, including reconciliation of book income,identification of book-tax differences, apportionment, return-to-provision adjustments, reconciliation of tax general ledger accounts, etc.
· Assist the Vice President, Tax with tax research and planning, identifying tax implications of proposed transactions and business plans, and providing tax advice to business partners.
· Supervise,evaluate, coach, train, and mentor tax department staff.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 6 -8 years advanced knowledge of federal and multistate corporate tax concepts.
· 6 -8 years experience preparing and reviewing large, complex consolidated federal and multistate income tax returns in a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department.
· 1 -3 years knowledge of international tax concepts.
· Bachelors”” degree in Accounting, finance or related required masters”” degree preferred
· CPA certification required
· Ability to multitask, prioritize responsibilities, complete work timely and accurately, and work independently and as part of a team.
· Strong organizational, analytical, documentation, and problem solving skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, and tax technology tools (preferably OneSource Income Tax).
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“WESCO”) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.